Tips for Rearranging Your Furniture July 25 2019
When it comes to moving furniture, you don’t have to wait until you move into a new place. Changing up the style and seating of a room can make even the most outdated looking room of your home look like brand new. Here are some tips to keep in mind when changing things up in your home.
- Measure before doing anything else. Do this first, especially if you’re bringing a new piece into the room; you’ll want to make sure it fits! Take precise measurements of the room dimensions as well as the furniture you will be using in the space. Jot down the measurements and decide what you’ll like to keep as well as what you plan to move out of the room.
- Try a room layout app. There are many apps available for download that will provide assistance with decorating. Some are even 3D and will allow you to see what your room will look like with different types of furniture, styles, layouts, etc.
- Start with the largest piece first. Move the largest piece of furniture to where you would like it first, or at least whichever piece you would like to be the focal point of the room. Work your way down to smaller items, saving accent items and decorations for last, and allowing you to put finishing touches on everything after the major work is completed.
- Avoid overcrowding the room. Create a space that is easy to navigate through. You may have to get rid of some items to accomplish this, but it’s worth it when you avoid sliding behind tables or bumping ankles on chair legs. Have a minimalist mindset and decorate the space only with items that bring you joy.
- Research feng shui. This ancient art involves arranging furniture in a way that promotes chi flow, which is life energy. Believers in feng shui think the wrong furniture arrangement can lead to conflict and animosity in a home; meanwhile, the right arrangement can provide harmony and a sense of contentment.