How to Select the Best Office Furniture May 28 2019
Many of us spend more time at work than we do at home. If this is the case for you, you must ask yourself – “Am I comfortable at the office?” If the answer is no, then keep reading for some tips on how to select the best furniture for your office space.
- Know your needs. Make a list of what your basic needs are in the office. Include the items you have in your office, such as a computer, fax machine, printer, telephone, filing cabinet, etc. Do you need space for a larger table or drawing up plans/blueprints? Do you need additional space for more filing cabinets?
- Choose the location of the piece you’re shopping for. Know which space in your office will be best for the item you need. Your desk should be positioned within view of the office entrance, and it’s always a good idea to make use of as much natural light as possible.
- Only select the furniture that works best for you. The best type of office furniture integrates your technology and promotes efficiency. Do you use your cell phone, video camera, or music player in your office? If so, you may need a desk with wire management so there isn’t any clutter going on beneath your feet. Desks with storage are great at keeping everyday items out of sight. Office chairs that are ergonomic help provide adequate support for your back, while a standing desk allows you to alternate between sitting and standing so that you’re moving throughout your day.
- Select what reflects your style. Are you traditional or contemporary? Would you prefer wood furniture or steel or glass?
- Don’t leave out other elements. Keep in mind your files and supplies; the last thing you’ll want is a brand new desk covered in clutter. Use filing drawers and cabinets to hold your documents so that they stay organized and neat.